• Valacyclovir is an ant-viral medication that helps minimize symptoms associated with genital herpes along with the duration of symptoms
• Recurrent outbreak, and suppressive therapy treatments
• Dosage depends on stage of cold sore
Valacyclovir will help genital herpes outbreaks, the spread of genital herpes, and pain and discomfort, however there is no cure.
• FDA-approved in 2001
• Starts working within 24-48 hours of your first dose
Acyclovir helps manage different stages of genital herpes.
• Take valacyclovir within 48 hours of the start of first symptoms and during a recurrent outbreak
• Valacyclovir can also be used as a daily treatment to manage outbreaks and decrease the spread to partners
Valacyclovir is a generic medication.
• Valtrex is the brand name
• The generic form has the same active ingredients and is much less expensive