• Acyclovir is an ant-viral medication that helps minimize symptoms associated with genital herpes along with the duration of symptoms
• Recurrent outbreak, and suppressive therapy treatments
• Dosage depends on stage of genital herpes
Acyclovir is proven to heal genital herpes quickly and is most effective when taken at the first sign.
• FDA-approved in 1982
• Starts working within 24-48 hours of your first dose
Acyclovir can help manage your genital herpes caused by type one herpes simplex virus (HSV-1).
•Stops the growth, replication, and spread of genital herpes by attacking the DNA of the virus
• HSV-1 will always live in your body, so acyclovir helps to manage symptoms
Acyclovir is the generic name.
• Zovirax is the brand name
• The generic form has the same active ingredients and is much less expensive
Viral shedding is where your body produces infectious virus particles and is infectious. At this time, genital herpes can be transmitted to others and is typically accompanied by an outbreak. With asymptomatic shedding, there are no symptoms, which means you can transmit to others without being aware.