• Valacyclovir is an ant-viral medication that helps minimize symptoms associated with cold sores along with the duration of symptoms
• Recurrent outbreak, and suppressive therapy treatments
• Dosage depends on stage of cold sore
Valacyclovir is proven to heal cold sores quickly and is most effective when taken at the first sign of a cold sore.
• FDA-approved in 1982
• Starts working within 24-48 hours of your first dose
Valacyclovir can effectively manage your cold sores caused by type one herpes simplex virus (HSV-1) and stops the growth, replication, and spread of cold sores by attacking the DNA of the virus.
Valacyclovir is a generic medication.
• Valtrex is the brand name
• The generic form has the same active ingredients and is much less expensive