• Miconazole is a trusted antifungal medication prescribed to treat the overgrowth of the fungus candida
• Once daily at bedtime for three days
• Dosage of 100 mg suppository
Miconazole is prescribed to treat the fungus causing a yeast infection and reduces symptoms like burning, itching, and discharge.
• FDA-approved in 2001
• Start feeling better within 24 hours
Miconazole is delivered to the body by inserting an applicator filled with the medication.
• It is recommended to use the suppository at night since you are laying down for an extended period of time
• The cream can also be used on the outside of your vagina to combat itchiness and burning sensation
Miconazole is a generic medication.
• Monistat is the brand name
• The generic form has the same active ingredients and is much less expensive
One risk factor is hypersensitivity. There is a minimal systemic absorption, therefore, there is less risk using this medication as compared to an oral agent.
If you have a known hypersensitivity reaction to miconazole or milk proteins. Vaginal miconazole use in pregnancy is only recommended under the supervision of a health care professional.
The yeast infection medications we offer are effective and, when prescribed under the supervision of a licensed healthcare provider, are safe and overall well-tolerated. Your health and well-being are very important to us. A licensed provider will thoroughly review your health history and your current health status to ensure our treatments are right for you.