• Phenazopyridine is a fast-acting pain medication taken alongside antibiotics for rapid relief of UTI symptoms
• One pill taken 3x daily for 2 days
• Dosage of 100 mg and 200 mg
Phenazopyridine minimizes discomfort by numbing the lining of the urinary tract.
• Has been used as a urinary tract analgesic for over 40 years
• Most experience relief within one hour and will notice an orange hue to urine which is normal and not harmful
Phenazopyridine is not an antibiotic.
• It will not treat your UTI, yet offers short-term solutions for your symptoms
• A quick pain reliever for your bladder until antibiotics start working
Phenazopyridine is a generic medication.
• Pyridium is the brand name
• The generic form has the same active ingredients and is much less expensive
You should not be taking phenazopyridine if:
The UTI medications we offer are effective and, when prescribed under the supervision of a licensed healthcare provider, are safe and overall well-tolerated. Your health and well-being are very important to us. Your providers will thoroughly review your current medications and health history to ensure our treatments are right for you.