• This antibiotic stops the growth of the bacteria that causes a UTI within a few days
• One pill taken 3x daily
• Dosage of 100 mg
• FDA-approved in 1998
• Start feeling better within 48 to 72 hours
• Has a low potential for antibiotic resistance and holds an 83 to 93 percent cure rate
• Fights a wide range of bacteria in the bladder
• Macrobid is the brand name
• The generic form has the same active ingredients and is much less expensive
Yes, if you are breastfeeding, have chronic kidney disease, if you are unable to urinate, or if you have a G6PD deficiency.
The UTI medications we offer are effective medications and, when prescribed under the supervision of a licensed healthcare provider, are relatively safe. Our licensed doctors will evaluate your current medication prescriptions during intake to ensure you are the right candidate for UTI medications. The most common side effects of nitrofurantoin include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, loss of appetite, headache, and dizziness. If you are concerned that symptoms you are experiencing may be related to nitrofurantoin ingestion, please reach out to the Admired team.